The problem is related to an out of date FileMaker Go App that doesn’t work with the new iOS. Go to the App store and look for a more recent version.
The ‘logbook9.fmp12’ logbook file will then need to be transferred to this new FMG app. If you have a recent backup this is easily emailed back to your iPhone as an attachment. You will then be given the option to open the file in the newer App.
Otherwise you can pull it from the old FMG App using third party backup software such as iMazing (https://imazing.com) which you should be able to download for a PC or Mac to link up with your iPhone.
The self-contained Mac logbook/work diary runtime packages won’t work in Sierra/High Sierra, but FileMaker do permit download of a free time-limited but fully functional trial version of the Mac FileMaker Pro software that could be used, for instance, to try out printing all the reports for an upcoming appraisal?
The current (version 16) trial software can be downloaded from: http://www.filemaker.com/trial/
Install the trial, then open the ‘logbook9.fmp12’ (or WorkDiary.fmp12) file from within the FileMaker trial program.
Previous trial versions compatible with the logbook/work diary were also available via:
If you can no longer open your logbook after an iOS update, your FileMaker Go version (not the logbook itself) is probably out of date.
The logbook datafile ‘logbook9.fmp12’ runs on all versions of FileMaker Go (12-16) but, iOS 11 has been designed to run only 64-bit apps and so Apple have effectively abandoned ship on older 32-bit versions of the app. FileMaker Go versions 15 (released March 2017) and 16 (released July 2017) are 64-bit, and so continue to work fine after the iOS 11 upgrade.
- Go to the App store. Search for the new 64-bit version (16) of FileMaker Go as it will have been distributed as a different app.
- Install it to your iOS device.
- Then use either iTunes or iMazing (https://imazing.com/download) to get the ‘logbook9.fmp12’ file off the old FileMaker Go app on your iPhone, and onto a laptop/desktop computer.
- Email the ‘logbook9.fmp12’ file to yourself as an email attachment.
- Open the email on your iPhone after you have installed the newest version of Filemaker Go, and the mail app will offer you the option to install it to the new FMGo version.
For more info on moving files see: http://tinyurl.com/oldFMGo-version
We’ll post tips, tricks and user guides here to help you get the best out of the work diary and RCA logbook apps.